Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The turnaround model

I read an article about schools who are failing AYP and going through the process to recover their good standing. Or however you want to put it.

The thing that struck me the most about the article is the emphasis on what happens to the people involved.

I warned some of my friends when I read it. And now, we are seeing the disintegration of what functionality we had. And it hasn't been a month!!

I got a call from a friend, in tears, because of what was said in a meeting as her group tried to do everything that they are supposed to do.

The people in our administration are not known for their people skills. There is no way they will do what they need to do to help the people (teachers) navigate this path. I predict massive transfers at the end of this year.

1 comment:

Pissedoffteacher said...

unfortunately, there are not a lot of places to go. In ny,our hands are tied and senior teachers are stuck where they are.