Saturday, September 25, 2010

Six Word Saturday



We're the Island of Misfit Toys.


For more Six Word Saturday participants, click here.

The more I think about it, the more I realize my school is really the Island of Misfit Toys. I wonder who I am.

I know I have put off writing a letter to an old friend, showing what I have done with my credentials. I have avoided looking for another position. I talk about going back to school and I complain about the economy.

Or is it that I know I am broken as well and working where I need to be?

I think I could do better with an organized, nurturing administration (wouldn't everyone). Maybe my students would do better with an organized nurturing teacher.

The 10% I cannot change are driving me away from the 90% who try. Why do I keep letting them win?

5 comments:

Tori said...

Isn't it interesting how sometimes we find our place through the placeless.
Tori
http://thriftytori.blogspot.com/2010/09/six-word-saturday.html

maddie/cadesmimi said...

Wow, I sure hope your story has a happy ending...like Rudolph did :)

Lola said...

Hi again!

My 64U:
Hope the story has happy ending,
LOLA:)

”Fashions Fade but Style is Eternal” (Yves St Laurent)

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I think you know the answer to your question. What is it?

6WS: It’d Take a Book

A Phillie Teacher said...

I often wonder who's the misfit:

1. me, as a teacher who knows that the kids I teach would never make it in the rest of the world, acting as they do

2. the kids, because they live in a bubble where it's perfectly normal to avoid learning or thinking about the future