Sunday, September 5, 2010

"I want my career back!"

This comes from several sources, like the Seattle Post Intelligencer. It is as if Lindsey Lohan is entitled to a mega star career, regardless of whether she does the work or follows the rules.

Now, it isn't a new attitude. I believe Marilyn Monroe suffered from the same delusion. And I am sure it goes back even further.

But I think about my own school days and look at the kids who are driving me nuts (from now on referred to as the evil 10%) and I wonder if this delusion, this sense of entitlement, hasn't spread further over the years.

TETP (the evil 10%)don't feel that they need to follow any of the rules in order to get the same result as those who do. They feel entitled to a B for doing nothing.

How does one combat this?

No comments: