Thursday, September 23, 2010

Doncha love it

I love when your administration is so clueless about what you teach that the only way they THINK they know whether you are teaching to the standards is if you use clue words – like “standards”. That if you don’t say the clue words, but speak mathematically (as in the language of the standards) they have no idea if you have or not.

I love when your administration is so clueless about what you teach that when you suggest using material from places that teach math better than we do (or at least get better results) they ask whether you have checked that “they are using the same standards”?

I love when your administration is so clueless about what you teach that they cannot grasp that the kids do not know the basics so I can try for higher order thinking (and I do) but they cannot remember what they learned last year.

I love when your administration is so clueless about what you teach that they think we are impressed with educratese.

I love when your administration is so clueless about what you teach that, knowing they have already given us too much to do, they cannot spend $2 on a calendar so they can give us more than 10 minutes warning that something is due.

I love when your administration is so clueless about what you teach that they waste an hour after school is out on a pointless meeting that could have been sent as an email, for crying out loud!

1 comment:

A Phillie Teacher said...

knowing they have already given us too much to do, they cannot spend $2 on a calendar so they can give us more than 10 minutes warning that something is due.

Crikey! that's one of my biggest problems!
I have a whole set of week-old senior essays that I can't find time to grade because I'm so busy submitting paperwork with less than one days' notice.

I guess admin is satisfied: they met all *their* deadlines. Too bad it's at the price of their teachers' valuable time.

TGIF