Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lack of knowledge and effort

I reviewed for a test yesterday and watched three boys - who are failing my class - fool around the entire time. I kept trying to direct them back to what we are doing - but it didn't happen.

Today, one of them asked for help on a problem exactly like one I worked yesterday during the review. I pointed that out to him and told him that paying attention would have helped him more than the fooling around did.

He stayed for help after school. He didn't know how to round numbers or understand why you would round $123.678, even though we have discussed this at length. He kept saying it was too hard.

They need this course to graduate and will put zero effort into it.

2 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

Politically incorrect, but I will say it anyway--some are too dumb to learn even the most basic stuff and fool around so they have an excuse to fail.

Ricochet said...

You know, you just can't fix stupid.