Friday, October 23, 2009

And more

I just got an email from the AP. It was no one's fault that today's meeting was missed.

I am not to tell the funsucker by email what to do or offer any suggestions by email. It is only supposed to be done in person. (OK, I have nothing to say. I can do the job alone.) I was told that if I needed to have a meeting to plan the week before the week's meeting (end of the week) we could do it before school.

I have fallen down the rabbit hole. This AP is missing that the communication issue IS THE WHOLE PROBLEM. The funsucker and I haven't planned anything since day 1.

Oh, well, Deep breathing.

"May those who love us love us. And those who don't love us-- may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping."

2 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

If the AP likes the funsucker you are out of luck. I'v learned that you can't fight city hall and win.

Ricochet said...

I don't think they do but since she is willing to tattle to ANYONE it scares some people.

Reflecting on your post today, I have a set amount of energy. I can spend it fighting her - or ignore her (as possible) and do the best for my students.

She derails the process rather than working it. I am (hopefully calmly) going to nudge meetings back to the point and not go down the rabbit hole.

I figured out a workaround to the testing situation that doesn't involve her - I can figure out the rest. Whether she meets with me or not I can teach effectively.

Whether I can do that and let her think she won (so she'll leave me alone) - don't know.

My school's scores are weak in math and she is one of 3 special ed teachers certified in math. That is her hold. I am helping another one (and we love her) pass the necessary test.