Sunday, January 23, 2011

Philosophy

My philosophies (except for really dark days when some variation of what this teacher said is probably closer) are

* A rising tide floats all boats.

* I hope you dance.

* A ship in the harbor is safe - but that's not what ships are for.

And other philosophies that I hope I convey to my students - and peers - along the themes that we can each accomplish much, we can (and should) rejoice in other's accomplishments, we are not replicants of each other, and we can find those things that make us happy.

I find it hard to understand someone whose exhortations to his peons are along the line that he is the king of the mountain and we are not measuring up.

Surely if he had the intelligence of a gnat, he would see by now that these non-motivational speeches are not moving him and the school in the direction he wants. Or maybe power is everything.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein

No comments: