Sunday, January 2, 2011

Don't Tempt Me

Just when I am coming to terms with going back to school tomorrow, I read this.

Unfortunately, the meeting sounds like the one scheduled for us.

Wow, maybe they will cheer us on by reminding us that the state has decided that next year, 50% of our evaluation will be based on student test scores. The students I cannot get to take anything seriously.

I would say that people would not voluntarily choose to teach repeaters and those with low understanding, and then I remember that I never volunteer for the classes I have.

2 comments:

Kim Hughey said...

I laughed out loud when I read this. This guy completely described every PD I've gone to in the last 2 years. How we just all blindly follow along with whatever the presenter tells us to do no matter how stupid it is. We are a bunch of sheep. Why don't we rise up? I went to one this summer that was so completely stupid that during one particular "exercise" I hid out in the bathroom for 15 minutes. I used the time to update my facebook status and answer emails on my phone.

Happy New Year Riccochet. Hope you and your family have a blessed year!

Ricochet said...

I know he is describing the one I will have to sit through tomorrow. I usually bring colored pencils, take notes (like how many times the principal says his little tic) and doodle.