Friday, January 21, 2011

Completely Unprofessional Behavior

For once I am not talking about the principal - that will come. Instead I am talking about someone who calls himself an educator.

He has had a nervous breakdown. Or a snit fit. In any case he has decided that he needs to stay home and his doctor (or his lawyer) agree with him.

This does come back to the principal not being professional, and we will discuss that, but in the meantime we are going to talk about Sam.

Sam has taught for 30 years. He is quick to tell us that he knows how to teach. And there are things that he does well. But after a confrontation with the evil bastard the district calls our principal, he left the school and hasn't been back.

No lesson plans. No emails or returned calls. Nada.

So the department chair has been doing his own classes and Sam's. A couple of us have helped. But the person who should be emailing plans is "too stressed".

Right.

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Is that all you have to do to get a vacation?! Hell, I should have done that a long time ago! ;-)

Ricochet said...

I told my best friend that I was going to have a nervous breakdownNo you aren't."

"Yes I am. I am going to schedule it. I deserve it and I want it."