Tuesday, August 25, 2009

students

Girl fight in the hall - two little girls who had to have three coaches EACH haul them off of each other.

Had a girl in my repeater class cry. She's afraid she won't pass again and most of the class refuses to pay attention. I told her as long as she does what I ask, she will pass - and the others may not, depending on choices they make. She told me several only sit next to her so they can cheat. I told her let them. I usually make different versions and apparently have to make a point.

One of these who talks over my lecture and does no math asked for a paper clip. I told her I didn't have one. "You're lying." Ok, I said, let me reword it. I do not have one that I will give to you.

"You have to. You're the teacher."

Actually, no, I said.

With the cut in pay, no supplies, more students, I refuse to be the supply store.

Going to be an interesting year.

No comments: