Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ears pierced while you wait (as if you have a choice)

I heard a sermon a couple of weeks ago about being busy. How Americans say that as if it's a good thing. "I can't help you right now, dear, I'm busy."

But, the minister pointed out, that interferes with our ability to see the big picture and to enjoy our time on this world.

I am horribly guilty about this. I am always busy. When I go to the beach, I can't just lay in the sun - it drives me crazy to do nothing. And yet I find that, over time, I am getting less accomplished than I would if I weren't so busy.

I let important people slip by the wayside in my busy-ness. Phone calls and letters I didn't write and now can't.

I took family time yesterday to do something with the family - and we are all out of practice.

My busy time starts up tomorrow: meetings, lessons, teaching, calling home, etc. I want to keep my eye on the important parts of my life and skip being too busy.

Google too busy - it's discouraging!

No comments: