Monday, August 3, 2009

School in ten - nine . . . .

Next week is approaching too quickly. I don't know what day I'll start. I don't know how many copies I'll be able to do. I don't even know what my pay will be. (There is a meeting in the near future to discuss furloughs and pay cuts).

The class rolls are being entered but there a big problems (kids with no home room or no classes or they have the same class twice during the day). Or they haven't finished the prerequisites for the classes they are enrolled in.

The school had construction over the summer that isn't close to done.

Oy, vey!

Good news - I both know the subjects I will be teaching and know the material like my own children. Heck, maybe better than I know my own children.

I will take things to the office store tomorrow to get some copies made (since I don't know if I will be able to do that before the first day). These aren't freshman, so I intend to hit the ground running.

No comments: