Sunday, March 13, 2011

Goal of this blog - and the necessity I have to keep it.

My intent for this blog when I started was to find out if I was a voice in the wilderness or one of many. I found it was the latter.

I really need to start another, not connected with this one, that will allow me to post professional, relate-to-math-and-teaching posts. I need it for something that I am pursuing. But I need this one for my sanity.

Whenever I get the OMG IT'S MATH blog started, I will let those of you mathies on here know. You know, a blog like Kate Nowak's and some of the other blogs that focus on the teaching.

In the meantime, let's talk perfection.

I realized yesterday - as I tried to start something for the 573rd time - that I am stuck, frozen, welded to not beginning. And it dawned on me (probably not for the first time) that it is because it won't be perfect. I am struggling with notes for the class on the math that we are doing - and I have no problem writing them on the board. I freeze when it comes to typing them or writing them in a notebook.

I have got to find a way to settle for the good-for-now (even though we all struggle with perfection) so that I can get through this backlog.

1 comment:

ChiTown Girl said...

Yes, definitely keep this one. Blogging is WAY cheaper than therapy! ;-)