Monday, May 30, 2011

Spring Cleaning

While I need to do that at home, it will be awhile. I am taking a couple of classes over the summer for another degree (hence the whining about writing). I love to talk and argue - just not on paper. This blog has been good practive for me but, they want more than simple paragraphs.

There has been a lot of spring cleaning at school. Several less than effective teachers are leaving. I like some of them but they insist on bragging about how they bamboozle their students and the system. I teach low level courses, sometimes well, sometimes not. But I had several in my class this year who were also in Pinnacle classes - they took my class to learn something. That is what they told me. I knew their other teacher. They never were rude about him, but they made it clear whch of us taught.

Another - well, let's be nice and say she had a meltdown. She let herself, her colleagues and her students down. The relief at knoewing she will not be back is palpable.

And then the Administration. Halleluljah we are getting all new ones. Yes, I know that the devil you know and all that, but I have worked a little with the new principal and he is a class act - I will have to improve my game to be worthy. I think that is why some of the underlings are gone. I know that is why Pinnalce is gone.

I think a lot more paperwork is in my future so I am working on organizational skills.

Yep, avoided my (student) classwork enough - back to the books.

1 comment:

21 Wits said...

oh yeah the good old to do lists...we will never be rid of them will we? I too have one in my head, one that should be written down and I often choose to ignore....but all in all we finally do get things done! Enjoy your week!