Thursday, June 2, 2011

Really needing a break

I feel beat up in a way I haven't before. I woke up the other morning and realized normally I would be emailing students advice about the next step - and I am not going to.

I know who a lot of them will have next year - and, good luck with that. One is a teacher who talks to the board. The (fill in a descriptor here) class that I had will not be pleased or learn much. They deserve each other.

Some of the biggest thorns will be gone. I am not looking forward to the amount of paperwork justifying what we are doing. Add that the department I am in doesn't pull together on a good day.

Oh, well, play it by ear.

2 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

You are on vacation. Forget this crap for a while. Enjoy

Mrs. Chili said...

PO'd is right. Breathe for a day or two. All of this will still be waiting when you get back.

I got your email and wanted to let you know I'm NOT blowing you off. I've been in it up to my eyebrows the last few days, though, and haven't had a chance to compose anything coherent. I may have some time tonight...