Thursday, June 23, 2011

Gotta Love the Dollar Store!!

Went to the Dollar Store with a teacher friend and spent too much money. One of the suggestions she had was to buy little card stock things (be back to that in a minute) for "currency" in motivating the students.

She bought little books, stars, tropheys - $1 for 25. I bought coupons that said Awesome Work!

She has done stickers and stamps in the past - and redeemed them for prizes. She is planning on swapping these coupons for things: bathroom passes, listening to your iPod, picking your partner in a group.

I like it.

3 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

I LOVE my dollar store!! It's dangerous for me to go in there. I'm the only person I know who's succeeded in spending over $100 at a pop, more than once I might add!!

Ricochet said...

I wasn't that bad. I did find a couple of quotation stickers to put on the wall and some other stuff....

http://dkzody.wordpress.com said...

I thought you were going to say picking your nose! rather than picking a partner.