Friday, May 27, 2011

Blogger - just as helpful as my administration

I have been locked out of blogger since Tuesday. So you have missed all the joy (sarcasm) of the last few days - but we will come back to that.

Thanks to PO (teachers always come through!!) who suggested trying Google Chrome (which didn't work) I thought outside the box and instead of using Firefox (which seems to give me a lot of grief), I used Internet Explorer and HERE i AM!!

(Bows to the applause) Thank you, thank you, it is good to be back.

OK, this week there have been tornadoes (here, no problem immediately close but 3 people died)(and Joplin, where I have family, some of whom have not been reached yet), exams ("Hey, Ricochet, is it a problem if I fill out the scantron in ink?"), micromanaging (like not telling us until today that they will not let us into the building tomorrow for graduation).

I got a special gift from a student. I told the class a story from my high school days - and she painted a picture of it!! And gave it to me!

And my test scores trump the rest of the department (except for the gifted kids) - so much for being the worst in the department. (And, no, I would never get an apology for Hulk saying that).

And the member of our department who totally screw over her students (and while I don't mind throwing her under the bus, it would give me away) will not return to our school. HAPPY DAYS.

3 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

Glad to be of assistance. I had a similar problem and found changing browser solved it. BTW--mine is back to normal.

Congrats on test grades. Don't expect anything from admins. I always get the kids no one else can get to pass passing and no one apologizes or even thanks me. The kids appreciate you, never forget that.

Ricochet said...

I had them sign a yearbook. I haven't read all the comments - but I have read some. Well worth the cost if it makes them reflect.

http://dkzody.wordpress.com said...

I do not understand people's love for Blogger. It makes life hard as I tramp around in blog land. Wordpress is just much more intuitive and easier to post comments, too. Blogger blogs give me grief.