Friday, September 23, 2011

What expectations should teachers have about communication?

How would you feel if you went into the office and found that they had swapped out the computer and you could no longer print on your printer? That they expected you to use a joint (network) printer 2 halls away.

(Actually, I am guessing at what they want because the administration is not talking to us, apparently.)

Remember - they do not provide paper, so somehow you are expected to use this joint printer and your own paper in the planning period they sometimes allow you to have.

Or use your own printer and ink at home.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they expect me to use my printer and my ink since I already use my paper to provide material for the students.

Is it any wonder the kids view us as a supply store like Staples since the administration appears to?

2 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

I needed a marker for the white board at the college. The secretary told me where to look. I opened a drawer that was a mini Staples and I was free to help myself to whatever I needed. I felt like a kid in a candy store. I feel your pain. Your school makes Packemin look great.

ChiTown Girl said...

This infuriates me!! Sadly, it sound exactly like the crap we have to put up with. Argh!