Thursday, February 10, 2011

Now THIS is totally bizarre

I belong to several of the social media networks as myself.

I even "talk" with some of you on some of them = which is downright wonderful.

But I just got a request to connect with a parent of a student I taught a couple of years ago. Now I also have connected with parents in the past because some people are truly wonderful EVEN if they are parents. (kidding)

But this parent only let me teach her child for about a month. She was a very adamant proponent of homeschooling and, even though she is not good at math (as evidenced by how poorly her child understood basic Algebra and Geometry), she insisted she was right and we were wrong.

Why would I want to connect with her when she wouldn't return emails while I was teaching her child?

Yep, totally bizarre.

3 comments:

Curmudgeon said...

Not at all. She wants a free tutor. What better way than to "friend" you?

Ricochet said...

She wants to connect on her "professional" side. I hit ignore.

A Phillie Teacher said...

Good choice. Sometimes "Ignore" can feel so satisfying.