Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fight Fight!!



There was a fight in my room yesterday.

If I could care more, there is an awesome opportunity for a teachable moment.

Hey, "victim" - notice the quotes?

Do you think I don't know you instigated the fight with your annoying behavior? I quit responding, so you started in on your friends.

Now that your face has been rearranged, I want you to contemplate a couple of things.

1) Your friends started videotaping before the fight started. [Now Bimbo seems wedded to her phone so maybe you didn't notice she was videotaping. Since it has gone viral on Facebook with all of your friends sending it to each other, maybe you've seen it. I have.)

2) Did you notice that you can hear several of your friend talking on the video? Your best friend is calling you a pansy, saying you won't poke Hitter again. And then Bimbo and Snarky can be heard telling hitter he is too big a wuss to hit you, regardless of what he threatened.

3) Then you poke and Hitter rearranges your face.

So you get suspended for poking. Hitter gets suspended for hitting. Bimbo and Snarky get suspended for instigating a fight. And why did we do this?

So they could be entertained.

Wow - you are cannon fodder for the express purpose of entertaining your friends.

Maybe they thought there would be no test today. Nope, I still gave it and you are still responsible for it.

Feel better now? I do.

3 comments:

Ron. said...

Thanks for the fond memories of just why I gave up teaching almost a decade ago (after almost a decade and a half, Special Ed).

When I was doing my student teaching (oh it seems like 6 lifetimes ago) it was in a rough rural high school where the cause of most fights (there were plenty) was the unpardonable sin of "runnin his mouth."

I should have known things weren't going to get much better. Thanks for the confirmation.

Linda said...

Oh my...it sure would be hard to be a teacher!

Sorry all of that happened. This ole Granny longs for the olden days where kids respected their teachers and their peers....and their parents.

I know there are still some that do...but I sure do hear horrible stories.

Relax this weekend and try to re-group and ready yourself for the coming week!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

A Phillie Teacher said...

Sadly the same goes on at my school.

You reported it well.