Saturday, April 27, 2013

Six word Saturday



Rain. Screened porch. Coffee. My time.


For more Six Word Saturday participants, click here.

We have reached that time of the year when students, who have not had the time or the inclination to do even simple assignments to raise their grades, who have not bothered to try to do the work on their own so they do not know the material, suddenly want me to invent several more assignments so that they can raise their grade 1 or 2 grades.

They have been given things like this - things that were due in January, in February, in March - that they are suddenly rushing to do. I mean, they are suddenly rushing to bring them to me so that I can do them. And they are expecting to receive the same grade they would have had they turned it in on time.

All I can say is, isn't that fascinating?

Now where is that book I've been reading? And pour me another cup of coffee while you're up.

8 comments:

Jess said...

I went to parents evening this week,I can see what you mean about course work.Luckily mine has done a decent amount of work,not so some I guess

Charleen said...

Oh lovely, just lovely. I feel the peace, the cool, the calm. Enjoy the cup of coffee!

Ron. said...

They need a little employment reality therapy, I think.

You want anything in that coffee?

Ricochet said...

Ron, there is an unopened bottle of Kahlua around here someplace. I'll get up in a minute and look.

ChiTown Girl said...

I'm jealous. Wish I were there. =)

Unknown said...

That sounds super frustrating!

Linda said...

Well, enjoy your coffee and your quiet time, and the peacefulness while you can. Forget about those students and their "issues" and just relax this weekend! :)

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Mlissabeth said...

Take the time you need. You have earned it! :)

My 6ws is here: http://mlissabeth.wordpress.com/2013/04/20/six-word-saturday420/