Tuesday, March 3, 2009

you have days that test your faith

I have the kids do a notebook, where they have to copy definitions and examples in a composition notebook. Since attendance is not 100% all of the time, I keep a master notebook, where I keep copies of what I have had them write, since their notebook is a test grade.

Yesterday someone took my notebook, a 2 inch binder, so it wasn't an accident.

Today, the grapevine informed me who did it and that she destroyed it. I think I was told why, but I honestly don't care why. I am deeply disappointed that she would destroy something for no reason other than she can.

I am not going to create a new one. Well, not exactly. I have it all on disk. I will print out this semester's pages that they had to write. For the pages they had to glue in, I am changing format.

I will have them write something different for each of those pages. Right now, today, I am leaning toward questions related to people to destroy things that aren't theirs as in:

  • Write a 4 line poem "ode to a thief"
  • Write how you feel about people who take things that aren't theirs {my notebook, your composition notebook, your education}
  • etc.
I may change, but it will all change to things they can write.

I did email the parents to tell them what I heard and that I had no proof, but I did ask them to check her room.

1 comment:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

It is disappointing when a student betrays you...