Thursday, March 5, 2009

Make your decisions good ones

Sassy Chick came in for help today. She didn't know anything that I'd taught for the last month - but she was willing to learn today and asked good questions. She was willing to participate while I covered and recovered and recovered the material and I think she knows it.

The girl I suspected took my notebook swears she didn't do it. I told her I believe her (and I will believe that down to my toes) so I assume it is gone. She also came for tutoring, so life is good.

This was also a day for lousy decisions. One student was caught with drugs on his person. Since he is on probation, I assume he will not be returning to my class. Another student, also on probation, has been told he cannot be disciplined again without going to jail - and can't bring himself to follow the rules. Another student has started the steps to drop out. And in a nearby county, three boys took guns to school or had them hidden at home.Ma

No comments: