Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sometimes, you just have to wonder about their thinking

I had a student today loudly announce that, because of his attendance (or lack thereof), they (the state) may refuse to let him get his learner's permit. (Actually, he said they'd take it away.) He also said, that if they did that, there was no reason to go to school. If he wasn't going to be able to drive until he was 18, to heck with it, he'd stay home.

I don't don't suppose you could guess what kind of student he is, on a good day.

I started to say something, then it occurred to me that this was similar to a temper tantrum. I believe he thinks he can threaten to not come to school if they give him his learner's, and they will fold. It's probably worked up til this point or at his house. Reminds me of a kid threatening to hold his breath until he turns blue.

No comments: