Thursday, August 11, 2011

SSDD

I want to keep upbeat, but it feels like the flip side of the past few years.

I know several of us told New Guy that one of the things that beat us down was getting emails addressed to everyone that only reflected on a few slackers. You know - emailing the world because 3 people are constantly late. So, today I got emails on
• Wearing overalls to school (last overalls I owned were OshKosh which should say something)
• Proper dress: no short skirts (check), flip flops (check), wobbly heels (check), running pants (really? Check)
• If you are late make sure you see the administrator (they already told us this. I am never late)
• Turn in your contact information (fourth request – did mine the first time)
• Stand outside your door between classes (I am usually the only one there)

Send the email to the offender not everyone. I guarantee this way, the offender thinks it isn't them.

I cannot get New Guy to sign a form for school. I have asked daily for a month, and weekly since. I feel unimportant.

I used to see The Hulk all the time (and I tried to avoid him so he would leave me alone). You cannot find New Guy. May start calling him Casper.

He is telling us to do things that legally he can't. Not cheating-on-a-test illegal. But things that would not be upheld in court. He has to know this. Teachers have gently reminded him of some (because we like him and want him to succeed) - and he keeps pushing things that would work in private school but not here. I expect him to start reciting the Lord's Prayer soon.

It just makes me tired.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Oh dear. On reading this post my initial thought was maybe it's time to change schools (if you can).

I used to work in a school where, at staff meetings, reprimands were given along the lines of the emails you receive. I was never 'guilty' of the things that were said, and occasionally knew who the comments were aimed at, and thought just the same as you - why not just speak to the person concerned? Why include us all in it?

Ricochet said...

I am definitely considering the move.