Saturday, August 20, 2011

Six Word Saturday



Wow - even teachers can act unprofessionally.



For more Six Word Saturday participants, click here.

Of course they can.

I am taking a course and I am SOOOOO tired of powerpoints. I am tired of misspelled words. Of the wrong words. Of mispronounced words. (of teachers not knowing what the words mean.) Of being read to.

Of being read to in a monotone.

But what is really frosting my butt this week is the unprofessional behavior.

My fellow students are irritated because one professor is making us read the entire book. (oh, the horror). And he keeps us the entire time. (Can you imagine?) And - really? - actually makes us participate in discussion.

So they are complaining - every. single. week. - to ANOTHER PROFESSOR IN THE SAME SCHOOL.

I wonder how long it is before every professor keeps us the entire time and makes us read the entire book.

What morons.

I wonder how they feel when students complain to them about other teachers? Probably like it.

What about when students complain about them to other teachers?

(In case I am not making it clear: the students are teachers themselves - pursuing another degree. The implication is that they already have a degree. I am waiting for proof. LOL)

12 comments:

Tinman said...

Poor students. Reading an entire book must be tough.

It must be at least, oh, a week since I last did it.

The monotone and the misspellings are maddening, though, it's as if they've lost all interest and pride in their career.

Ron. said...

Powerpoint's the worst! And it's insulting when they read it to you, verbatim, with no added info or side commentary, as if you can't read it yourself. And if they read it poorly....oy.

I'm so glad I'm done with school.

Unknown said...

Monotone voice = how to put the class to sleep in one easy step.

How torturous this must be for you

Elaine said...

It sounds dreadful - the other 'students' sound like they are not exactly good adverts for the teaching profession!

Power points? I agree with everything Ron has said about them!

vivinfrance said...

Sack the lot of 'em (the student teachers, I mean) they're not fit to mess with the minds of our young. This explains why I'm always shouting at the TV quiz shows: How can they not know that...?

Ricochet said...

I am trying to be circumspect and am not being clear. They are not student teachers. They are student-teachers (or teacher-students) as we are working on a higher degree. I am disappointed because I expected more but I will get out of this journey what I want. I expect they will as well.

They may be great teachers.

They are being lazy and rude and would be appalled that I said that.

Olivia said...

Wow! That is frustrating! Good for you for not complaining!
Visiting from 6WS. Have a great weekend!
suchakingdom.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

i have always read the teachers make the worst students...we talk in class, we refuse to do homework we don't find relevant, we get offended if called on and we would be ashamed and punish the offenders if our students acted this way!

Penguin's Palette said...

How dare they make you sit through class and read an entire book!! The horror! What is the world coming to?! ;)

soulbrush said...

tee hee good one, I as a teacher know what you mean!

Tami said...

The dumbing down of our country is one of my pet peeves. Too much tweeting and texting where evidently grammer, spelling and correct word usage don't count. Thanks for being one smart teacher!

Call Me Cate said...

Unfortunately, I've yet to find a profession that doesn't include folks who act unprofessionally. It does seem a bit ironic that these are teachers whining about teachers to other teachers. About HOMEWORK!!! Crazy. I hope it doesn't keep you from learning what you need to, though I'm with you on the poorly executed PowerPoint presentations.

Thanks for playing 6WS!