Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Big Boy

I have a Big Boy, like It's not All Flowers and Sausages. But mine is in HS and is much larger. The behavior appears to be the same. He jumps on the desks, pushes and threatens students who are smaller, won't do the work, and won't stay seated.

Talking with the parents and writing him up has done no good. He feels that I am persecuting him when I write up his inappropriate behavior, and I am beginning to believe he doesn't understand how inappropriate it is. And I don't know how to explain it to him.

2 comments:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Maybe someone else can get through to him. Maybe. It wouldn't hurt to enlist the aid of another teacher to act as a buffer between you and Big Boy.

Ricochet said...

We are on the same track. After I wrote this, I thought a lot longer. I will be asking the AP to sit down with both of us and talk. There really isn't a teacher that this child admires.