Friday, February 13, 2009

It's all in the definition

SassyChic refuses to work in my class or do any recovery, usually with attitude. I did an assignment this week which about a third really GOT and the rest really didn't. So, I gave the second group a second day - with explanations - to redo the work. SassyChic dumped her assignment on my desk with the comment "Here's your work" about 2 minutes after I gave it to them to do.

I said - so you don't want to do the work?

Later she stopped by my door and we had this conversation:
SassyChic: Did you call my mother?
Me: Yes
SC: what did you tell her?
Me: That you refused to do my work.
SC: I didn't refuse.
Me: You dumped it on my desk and said you wouldn't do it. That's my definition of refuse.
SC: You need a new dictionary.
Me: What do you call it?
SC: I didn't do it.
Me: OK
SC: I didn't understand it.
Me: So, dumping it on my desk, saying you won't do it means that you need help? We'll talk next week.

And I need a new dictionary?

1 comment:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Ooh, she IS a sassy chick, isn't she?