Monday, May 25, 2009

Last days

Finals are rapidly approaching. It amuses me that this year's students are as appalled as previous classes that they have a final on the last day of school. I have prepared them all year - but they are still expecting a party on the last days.

The boy who will not take notes is expelled until the final. He didn't take his work. I can read the outcome, even if he can not.

I do not understand how to teach them that they cannot park their grade at the minimum passing grade - and expect to pass when they have a final coming that they will not prepare for.

I need a vacation.

1 comment:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

My students completely shut down the last week of school. Couldn't get anything out of them. "Why do we have to work?" they whined.

I like your school's policy of having a final on the last day of school. That would at least make the kids show up. I had one class on the last day with more than 50% of the students absent!

When your vacation finally comes, enjoy it to the fullest!