Saturday, January 10, 2009

Just Say Yes week

Exams are next week. This should prove to be educational (and revealing) for my students. We have allowed them to recover everything - the district policy is that exams are not recoverable. My next unit is on probability. Does anyone want to give me the odds that I will be recovering my exams?

I ran into the mother of one of my children's elementary school friends - haven't seen her in 15 years. At that point, she was talking about starting a school, because she wasn't happy about the school our children attended (neither was I). Since I am certified to teach a lot of subjects now (and wasn't certified for anything then) I mentioned it - the funding is there, she just couldn't figure out how to do it. You never know.

Overheard in my classroom this week:
1) I need to raise my grade in your class (says a student that I have tried to do recovery for 3 months) but I want to do it other than doing math. My response: no. Do the math or keep the grade.

2) (student who is failing my class and does NOTHING except write his name on the paper) Sign my form to exempt your final. My response: no.

And this was Just Say Yes week.....

No comments: