Friday, January 23, 2009

I hate group work

It is hard enough as a teacher to get students to work effectively in a group, and to have everyone work with no hitchhikers. I am doing some professional development classes that require two people doing a project together. Hey, we're teachers, everyone knows the rules, right?

I thought the powerpoint was due in early January and emailed my pal Sally a dozen times over the break to get some feedback, never heard from her, so I did it all myself.

Found out that it wasn't due til this week, so I explicitly told her that I expected her to read some articles on the topic and add to the powerpoint. When did she call me? After 9 pm the day before it was due - and not to add anything to the presentation.

I heard through a friend that she thinks I'm upset with her (really?) and that I should make up. No problem. I will never work on anything with her again.

No comments: