Sunday, June 15, 2014

What did we miss?

If you hadn't died, would I think of you now?

You are forever frozen at 17. Your potential sitting on ice. What would you have been?

I know from the impact you made on a gawky, awkward 13 year old that you would have continued to touch people.

You would have been prime for the draft. Would that have changed you?

Or would you have been in college - headed where? Business. Education. Ministry. Politics.

Instead, you are forever frozen at 17. Struck down by a drunk driver. And lost to the rest of us.

Glen, you are still missed.

2 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

So sorry for your loss. I have no words of comfort to offer.

Ricochet said...

He haunts me - in a good way (not scarey). He was incredible at a difficult time: my first year in high school and the year they integrated the schools.

I think he could have been something incredible - actually - he WAS something incredible.