Saturday, January 7, 2012

Six Word Saturday



You will reap what you sow.



For more Six Word Saturday participants, click here.

I had dinner with several good friends at other schools this week, one of whom is having a more stressful year than I am (which I did not think was possible).

He has a newly minted EdS brand new AP who taught the required 3 years and now knows so much more than everyone else. Oh, did I mention the new AP (we will call him SP for Shiny Penny) taught English so has all sorts of ideas for teaching science and math - none of which are worth spit.

Anyhow, SP spent the first 4 months of this year pissing everyone off by showing HE was in charge and the teachers are PEONS (or is that PEE-Ons?). You know the type: kid acts up, parent wants teacher's head so demands a meeting with the AP and the teacher. SP hands the parent the teacher's head on a platter - and then wonders why that teacher has discipline issues in the classroom - since kid is still in the same classroom.

Apparently some wiser head has told SP that pissing off your staff is not the way to get them to work with you, so SP is now trying to make nice. Guess what - from what I hear, you stab enough people in the back enough times, there are no second chances.

When I was having issues with the HULK, I knew there were people who liked him because they would say nice things about him. They knew I didn't like him and why, but I knew they liked him - and why.

NO ONE is saying anything pleasant about SP.

They are being circumspect - no one is bashing him either (except to really good friends) because he is connected to a Board member. But SP has created enemies.

Friends come and go. Enemies accumulate.

I do not think SP will ever dig his way out of this hole. Be interesting to see how this plays out. If the teachers can tread water long enough, that is.

No comments: