Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lessons of ineffective administrators #1

(concept stolen from The Math Crumudgeon, who is more than welcome to come steal my administratos in retaliation)

Hey, Les!

You tell us in meetings that we are to get the kids out of the hall, into class on time and in their seats eager to learn.

So I wrote Little Johnny up for excessive tardies (after I called his parents), disrupting other classes of mine by walking in (when he was supposed to be elsewhere, which I also verified), and having his cell phone out all the time. I mentioned that Little Johnny was disrupting other students' learning. I did five (count them. Five) write ups.

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for finally calling him into your office to talk to him. Yes, sending an 18 year old to ISS to contemplate the error of his ways would damage his psyche, so I understand the need to talk with him.

I want you to know how much I appreciated his coming into another of my classes to apologize to me. With a smirk. Yes, I can tell that problems has gone away.

No comments: