Monday, July 27, 2009

O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

I have spent the past month with family. It has been an education to listen to the complaints this one would have about that one - and then see the offending behavior in the complainer.

One sister spends a lot of time complaining about what awful guests the rest of the family is - don't help, don't offer to help, etc. I just spent considerable time picking up her dirty dishes, putting things away she's gotten out - and left (and this is not her house). My family provided dinner and breakfast - with no help. Made me spend some time reflecting on the things I complain about and whether I do them. What a shock, I have faults!!

I am looking forward to school starting, whenever that is!!

No comments: