Saturday, July 30, 2011

Six Word Saturday: Absents makes the heart grow fonder.



Absents makes the heart grow fonder.



For more Six Word Saturday participants, click here.

No joke, that is how an English major wrote a PowerPoint. All absents have to be reported to the administration.

And what was the other one? Oh, yes, "unexcused absent."

Sigh.

English is such a beautiful language.

I love, just love having this person lecture me (well, I was sitting in the audience) about improving the students' vocabulary.

I will do that if there are no absents. Hey, that one almost works.

8 comments:

Elaine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elaine said...

Sorry, my mistake - didn't mean to remove my comment, I was looking for a way to edit it! It said...
'That started my day with a laugh' (or similar!)

Unknown said...

I read your 6WS and cringed because I'm a bit of a spelling and grammar nazi and I knew it would be rude to comment on your mistake - and then I read your post and I smiled.

ChiTown Girl said...

ARGH!! Isn't just infuriating when we are forced to sit through presentations like this?!

When I saw the post title, I actually thought you were trying to do a little play on words - absents = the number of students absent

That made me giggle a bit. :)

AudreyO said...

I chuckled reading your post. I'm always surprised when I find spelling and grammar errors in books that have been proofed by many sets of eyes. Hard to take the teacher seriously, huh?

GarageBandFan said...

haha that was pretty awful! I don't know how you could the rest of the class seriously!

21 Wits said...

It does for sure....speaking a pretty languages I was in a favorite book store of mine and I just loved the CD playing I had to buy it...Love songs in French...love is always a beautiful song isn't it?!

Becca said...

I am so glad I kept reading and didn't click away in disgust. It always amazes me how poor of a grasp on the English language most people have!