Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Not in Kansas anymore, Toto

There is something surreal about applying for a job. I had an interview 2 and a half weeks ago. It went ok, but not any better than ok. I emailed a thank you and, of course, never heard back one way or another.

Today, I get a call from the same school, for the same position, asking me if I would be interested in coming in for an interview. I am still interested in the job, but I had to believe they were clueless that they had already contacted me, so I mentioned that I had interviewed there already and were they asking me to come in for a second interview. Oh, panic! She would have to check with the principal.

So, I emailed the principal and mentioned that I was still interested in the position.

"<>Thank you for your interest. We pulled updated applications and your name was not pull [sic] out of the group. You have obviously updated your application recently. Sorry."

I assume - and we all know about assume - that the principal did not intend to have me called. I never got a call back or email along the lines "thank you for applying but we are not interested" - do you suppose I will get one now?

In the mean time, I have signed up for substituting in two different cities but am waiting for my fingerprints to be processed in order to pick up those jobs.

No comments: