Sunday, February 12, 2012

decisions

I was called into a meeting on Monday and told I would be teaching the 9th grade repeater class next year. Then I had dinner with old friends, one of whom offered me a job teaching in an elite private school in the fall.

The decision came down to age. I am not vested in retirement and the retirement at the private school is just ok. But, I am old enough that it makes a difference so 9th grade repeaters it is. On the other hand, they are why I went into teaching.

4 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

You'll make it. Private schools pay crap and think they are doing you a service letting you work there. And, the rich kids and their parents will not give you the respect you deserve. Might as well stay where you are.

ChiTown Girl said...

I agree with PO. Although, I'm sure it was nice to be asked. Makes you feel appreciated, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

I would love to work with the 9th graders (or children who struggle with learning difficulties). I think it is also a great honor to be given those classes and teach those students. It takes extreme patience, sensitivity as well as a good sense or humor.

Pissedoffteacher said...

Tracie--you might not say that if you actually worked with these kids. It is not easy.