Thursday, July 21, 2011

A reason for rubber rooms ** updated

Ms. Cornelius blogged today about the Atlanta Cheating scandal and I posted several comments which I may share here later.

I think it is time for Atlanta to institute Rubber Rooms here. I know some people in New York were not guilty of anything more than getting older, but 172 educators and 4 superintendents refuse to leave even though the state has proved they cheated.

Fine.

They cannot be trusted to teach kids. They are under contract to teach - but they are cheaters, so they cannot be trusted, really, to do anything. Have them report to rubber rooms, every day, on time, and sit there.

Why should the be allowed to draw a salary and be at home?

I can think of someone else who should be in a rubber room. But she'd get the vapors.

** update: The number retiring or resigning is now at 30.

No comments: