Sunday, September 26, 2010

Politics, bah humbug.

What to write about (as anything beats real work)? I intended to write about the latest trend to force you into the theater (4D - which is better but still needs work and is it really worth it) but instead will write about the idiocy of Georgia politics.

I feel like these are my choices for Governor:
1) vote for a man who worked to destroy education when he was Governor before but, hey guys, I'm sorry and I will do it differently if you re-elect me. Sure. [Roy Barnes]

2) vote for a guy who is either really corrupt, really stupid - or thinks we are really stoopid. In the past three weeks we have learned: he didn't put the loan his son-in-law defaulted on and he guaranteed on his political filings because he forgot (over $2M - yeah, I can see that); the political filings were too complicated (he has been a US Representative and can't hire someone to do this?]; he is broke, his son-in-law's business went under and so he will lose his house but he will make good on the $2+ million he owes; his campaign is leasing planes from his business at ridiculous rates compared to the other candidates, but he isn't benefiting; His net worth went from about $3.5M to $5.3M between 9/13/10 and 9/24/10. [Nathan Deal]

3) vote for the third party candidate who cannot win and will throw the election to Roy Barnes.

I don't like anyone running for anything. And I see that no one will get us out of the mess Perdue, the economy, and Kathy Cox (state school superintendent) have gotten us into.

And I don't think it is any better anywhere else.

It is really sad when there is NO lesser evil.

No comments: