Monday, July 31, 2017

Looking for a magic bandaid - and I am looking for a book.

I am looking for a book - that must exist but I don;t know how to search for it, so I am looking for suggestions as I look.

We all know people (usually women - and that is what I will use for this) who look for a relationship that will make everything all better, the Magic Bandaid. It may be a guy or it it may be a child. This relationship will be perfect and the receiver (the woman) will have a better life because of it.

The classic one that comes to mind is Ashley Wilkes. I believe Scarlett, when she finally realizes she doesn't want the Magic Bandaid, says that she made up a suit of clothes and hung it on the first guy to come along.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have looked up Ashely Wilkes Syndrome, Scarlett Syndrome, Defending Boundaries - and I am not finding it.

No comments: