Monday, November 24, 2014

I need a pencil (2)

I am still amazed that because you choose to teach EVERYONE seems to think it is ok that the teacher provides pencils, paper, tissue, and other supplies and that it is not unreasonable for the student to ask for binders, snacks, money.

The note on the previous post ("Here's a trick for the few trouble makers, crying to be heard, I'd place a container on my desk with pencils- and a not?- "use for class put back after" of course there will still be that one child that will find some other silly random excuse.") - really? What makes you think I haven't tried that, only to find the pencils thrown on the floor, at other students, or broken and thrown away.

4 comments:

S. Rich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
S. Rich said...

I think there's something deep and significant in this.

21 Wits said...

Me too! Perfect post.

Elaine said...

This sounds so familiar too - I used to provide so much stuff, and that has only stopped because I do supply/substitute teaching now.