Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I am struggling with myself

My lesser self is appearing to win the battle today. I have dealt with several ^&*$%^ parents who are just downright vicious when I am trying to get their little darlings to pass. Add that a class I really wanted to teach - and spent my own time and money preparing for - is being given to someone who doesn't really want it. When he asked for resources I told him I was happy for his success but wasn't willing to share this material, although I will share other things at other times.

And I feel small.

3 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

I'm sorry you didn't get the class. I don't blame you for not sharing. I am leaving nothing behind for that class although I would have happily shipped it all to you.

Ricochet said...

I knew how I would have prepared. I knew what I would have done during the year.

The current teacher has the ability but seems to have checked out - he doesn't appear to be teaching anything.

)(*)*&( - or words to that effect.

Keep your stuff - I assume it is totally awesome.

A Phillie Teacher said...

Keep your chin up. You did the right thing. I wouldn't have shared either. He's got to pull his own weight to show he deserves that class.