Thursday, November 19, 2009

O Where o where can my students be?

I got a new student this week (of course on a day I am giving a test. Hi, welcome to my class - have a test [won't count against you]). Turns out he "misbehaved" and was kicked out of another school in our district 2 months ago - which means he has probably been in juvie jail.

Another student has not returned from short term expulsion - oops, he stole a car, is in real jail. Stole the car from family, so they don't want to bail him out. I see him drifting away.

I've lost three others to either juvie jail or real jail this year. Had my fifth kid drop out this week - going to get his GED.

On the positive side, one of my problem kids got probation instead of the hoosegow so I will have him for awhile. He was going to drop out at Christmas. Don't know if that is still the plan.

1 comment:

KauaiMark said...

All I can say is...WOW!!