John Spencer has written a lovely post on why he is thankful he is a teacher. I came to my blog to write something, but his is better.
I love being able to talk. (No joke, I love it - and I forgive most of my student-talkers because I get it!!)
I love explaining the math and making it easier to understand. Some people just need it simplified to understand it and then move forward.
Some can't get it even then.
I even like (not love) the challenge of trying to make teaching with Funsucker work. Things are better, but I feel it is the calm before the storm.
I am not so thankful for the organizational STUFF I struggle with.
I love reading the things I have the kids write - but not enough to move away from the math. I am thinking of ways to incorporate more writing with more learning.
I love the challenge of teaching my favorite subject to people for whom it is not a favorite subject.
Happy Thanksgiving!!
I want to laugh more, get angry less, be more organized and chill more.
Life is too serious to take seriously.
Updating the History of the Pigeon Hole Theorem
15 minutes ago

4 comments:
Amen to that last line. Enjoy each moment. It's all we've got. Happy Thanksgiving.
I have the same wants as you. We are kindred spirits. Too bad we live so many states apart.
But I am grateful to the Internet for introducing me to the kindred spirits I would otherwise never meet.
Have a great Tday, PO!!
One of the reasons I teach is because I'm a talker too--but I do NOT appreciate it when my students talk when I'm talking! (Who does? We ALL want to be the center of attention, don't we?)
Post a Comment