Saturday, March 29, 2014

Six Word Saturday



You feel entitled. I don't agree.


For more Six Word Saturday participants, click here.

I was reading articles recently about the entitled generation. How do you respond to kids who say they need more time on a test or they will fail. (They have already had 2 hours for a 1 hour test).

Or that you didn't give them a problem exactly like this so it is your fault.

Or that they are satisfied with their grade (70, which is just passing) so they don't feel they have to do a required project.

These are seniors, some about to join the military. And the NCOs in various services will have their work cut out for them.

3 comments:

Ron. said...

It will be interesting to see what happens in boot camp when they ask the drill sergeant to modify the obstacle course for them.

Ricochet said...

I periodically get downright gleeful when I think of what this young man will experience in August. Then again, there is a saner part of me that wishes to the depth of my soul that I could teach him before he reports.

Pissedoffteacher said...

I am almost embarrassed to write I enjoyed watching one of my students struggling during an exam. He was pissed because I refused to do an entire review lesson. He did not feel it was his responsibility to do it alone. I loved handing him back a failing paper.